Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Okay, about this whole "sparkle-wolf" deal...

I like wolves.
This is a well and commonly known fact. I've been writing about winged wolves since I was in sixth grade.
However, in most cases, they still have the typical anatomy and coloration of wolves. You don't see bright green wolves with emo tattoos and piercings running around in my books.
But they are invading. Everywhere I look in the younger generation (what am I saying, I'm only 23!), sparkle-wolves, emo-wolves, wolves that are representations of our souls are appearing.
And that makes me very sad. Because of this, people are starting to view wolves in a bad light. Oh, look, someone else who put wings on wolves. How original. Look, there is another wolf character. Great.
This is the response that people are having to this sudden outburst that everyone was a wolf in a past life, everyone's soul is represented by a wolf, la de da de da. Forgive this rant, but seriously, there are plenty of awesome creatures out there. I think that Twilight may have a bit to do with this phenomena (Sparkle-wolves, sparklepires, same difference) but I also think that hive-mind is rearing its head with the youth of the world.
Seriously, explore other animals. Wolves are great (as previously stated, I really like them). However, they are not the only animals in the world. There are plenty of other great creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers