Thursday, October 7, 2010

Of NaNoWriMo and other such fun subjects

We're already a week into October, meaning that we only have about 3 weeks left until the start of National Novel Writing Month, aka NaNoWriMo! For those of you who have never heard of this delightful event, stop on over to www.nanowrimo.org and check it out.

Here's a quick synopsis of the event:

You have from midnight November 1st to 11:59 pm November 30th to write a 50,000 word novel. You can add to a previously existing story, but just typing up something you already wrote doesn't count. You can, however, build your plot, characters, storyline, magical systems (a certain friend of mine is forcing me to create a new one) etcetera before you actually lay pen to paper and begin writing your story.
The breakdown of word counts on a day-to-day basis in order to complete the event is:
1667 words per day, or 6.667 pages per day at 250 words per page.

What does this mean for my other stories, namely Resonance?
I'm still going to be working on them. Which means that my goal for November is no fewer than 10 pages per day. Which is going to be very interesting, to put it kindly, but is definately achievable!

There are a few of my friends and fellow Sigma Tau Deltans who will also be attempting to conquer this mountain of literary madness, so if you want to follow or join the fray, check out the Theta Zeta Sigma Tau website (www.uwec.edu/sigtaude/) next Monday for more information on a NaNo support group I'm creating!

Also, keep an eye on the website for Flash applications that will be appearing probably some time around the end of the month (before I start NaNoWriMo), mostly as readers for the short stories I'm putting up. I may even be putting up a small album of pictures of characters and Binds from Resonance. If you're wondering what a Bind is, well, you'll just have to wait and see! I've got the first one partially done, now I just have about 30-40 more to plan out and draw. Those few of you who know what a Bind is, don't tell the others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers